A Kansas City women was trying on bras in Kohl's department store when she noticed that a man was filming her on his smartphone and started chasing him topless in the store. Jeanne Ouelette told KCTV that she was enraged and wanted to get the phone from Jeremy Bradley, the New York Daily News reported. Even though Ouelette failed to stop Bradley after he ran out the store since she was ...
Spotify, music streaming service, has reportedly revealed that it pays an average of 0.007 dollars per play. The company said that it had paid more than one billion dollars in royalties since its 2008 launch. According to the BBC, earlier this year, Radiohead singer Thom Yorke had pulled material from the site in protest at how much it pays artists and tweeted that he was standing up for ...
Something glorious and strange is happening tonight: NBC is airing a live version of the classic Rodgers and Hammerstein musical The Sound of Music. Not a stage production, but an actual movie, just one broadcast live. What's more, it stars American Idol country sweetheart Carrie Underwood and Vampire Bill from True Blood, guaranteeing a bizarre night of modern pop culture mashing up with a ...
Creative industries led by Hollywood account for about $504bn, or at least 3.2% of US goods and services, the government said in its first official measure of how the arts and culture affect the economy. On Thursday, the US Bureau of Economic Analysis and the National Endowment for the Arts will release the first-ever estimates of the creative sector's contributions to US gross domestic ...
Reprints Five years ago, a defence review under his centre-right predecessor, Nicolas Sarkozy, concluded that France needed to shift its military focus from sub-Saharan Africa towards a "strategic arc" of instability reaching from the Maghreb to the Horn of Africa and the Gulf. To this end, Mr Sarkozy shut France's permanent military base in Senegal, one of three on the ...
Straw Dogs (2011)
Sam Peckinpahs Straw Dogs (1971) was one of the most controversial films of its era, primarily because its complex depictions of the extremities of human violence were largely misunderstood, fueled in no small part by the directors own penchant for goading his critics and purpos ... ...
Maine MirrorMaine Mirror – News articles from around the state of Maine
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Maine news. From Lewiston to Portland, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Maine Mirror. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Maine weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
Credit: DC Comics I’ve been writing at ThinkProgress for almost three years now, but periodically, we’ll still get a flood of commenters who want to know why a political site also publishes cultural reporting and commentary. And sometimes, we’ll get complaints that I’m spending too much time talking about a particular type of culture, for example, that I should be ...
Danny Wells, right, with Capt. Lou Albano on "Super Mario Bros. Super Show." Danny Wells, who played Luigi on the TV adaptation of the wildly popular Nintendo video game franchise "Super Mario ...
14 minutes ago Spider-Man is back! The first trailer for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, made its highly anticipated debut on ...
Orchid is growing on us: A version of the purple hue is Pantone Inc.'s color of the year for 2014. It follows this year's pick of emerald green. Officially known as Radiant Orchid, the tropical shade is a color-wheel contrast to green, said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, but it's not the red that would have been a more obvious choice. ...
Wow. Lady Gaga has put her lady parts on show in a new shoot for Candy magazine. Never one to shy away from a good shock, the cover pic shows Gaga posing with a fake moustache, a coat covering her right breast and a scorpion on her left. But it's the singer's private area that has everyone talking, as she leaves nothing to the ...
People reports. "Despite the fact Amanda is no longer in a facility, her outpatient treatment is continuing," the Bynes family said in a statement. "She's very happy to reestablish the loving relationship with her family that she once ...
In Touch . "Every time we'd go out to eat, we'd order $4,000 bottles of wine. Heidi was going to the mall and dropping $20,000 to $30,000 a day. We thought we were Jay Z and ...
The hills are alive with the sound of music! That’s right, those famous 9 words are coming back to life for a very special, very live production of the hit ...
Racy Palme d'Or Winner 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Won't Show in Idaho Theaters Sex doesn't always sell -- at least not when it comes to the Oscars. However much stars flaunt their sex appeal, writers toss in sexual innuendo or directors turn up the heat, if a film truly dares to treat sex in a frank and forthright way -- and not just as a teasing come-on -- the Academy ...
'Fifty Shades of Grey' Adds Marcia Gay Harden as Christian Grey's Mother "It's the first strictly narrative full-length feature film, a union film, to be shot with the iPhone 5s," Kowalchuk said. Though SAG cannot confirm that no other iPhone film project can claim to precede Kowalchuck's, ...
Making the news
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Maine Mirror.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Former president George W. Bush was an official witness at the same-sex wedding in Maine of two family friends, media reported Thursday.
Bush and wife Barbara attended last weekend's nuptials of Bonnie Clement and Helen Thorgalsen, American commercial broadcast television and radio network NBC reported citing a spokesperson for the former president.
The newlyweds posted on Twitter a photo of Bush signing their marriage licence as a witness.
Thorgalsen and Clement own a store in Kennebunk, Maine, near the Bush family's compound.
While gay marriage was not a political issue during G.H.W. Bush's 1989-1993 administration, son George W. Bush expressed opposition to same-sex unions during his eight years in the White House.
In 2004, George W. Bush endorsed the idea of a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, even though his vice president, Dick Cheney, is the father of an openly lesbian daughter and a supporter of the right of gays and lesbians to wed.
The younger Bush's wife, Laura Bush, has spoken in favour of same-sex unions.
Top Breaking Entertainment News from Yesterday
- Consensus key for introducing Communal Violence Bill Mayawati
- Video Storm leaves 7000 homes without electricity as roads are shut and railway lines obstructed across Northern Ireland
- Fitch Upgrades 13 Tranches of Homes Affirms Seven Others
- Nigella Lawson Denies Drug Addiction Says Charles Saatchi Would Point Out Stains Around the House For Her to Clean
- Ivory Kitchen hosts Rajasthani food fest
- Royal prank DJ Mel Greig quits Oz radio station
- Choir singing can boost mental health
- New affordable way to stabilize hemoglobin discovered
- Gwyneth Paltrow to host fitness web series with trainer Tracy Anderson
- Carbon monoxide can help amplify effectiveness of chemotherapy
- Woodson doesn’t have time to pity Kidd
- NBA Power Rankings Blazers built for present and future
- Patriots’ Jerod Mayo now has own line of mayo
- Peyton insists hes same player in cold
- Peterson If not Vikes Texas team on mind
- Pak urges India to pull out Siachen troops over environment threats
- Sandwich prepares for tidal surge feared the worst in 30 years
- Cichlid fish builds sandcastles to attract mate – video
- Transport in Europe how does it differ by city
- Canadian Wind Energy Association and Deutsche Messe Announce Long-Term Partnership to grow CanWEAs Annual Conference and Exhibition
- Politicians heading sports bodies are misusing their powers Kirti Azad
- SC says sportsmen not businessmen should head sports bodies
- Gwyneth Paltrow to host fitness web series with trainer Tracy Anderson
- Brazils sports minister warns England fans of knife attacks rape at World Cup 2014
- Amid new allegations Rob Ford talks football on U.S. sports radio
- Campaign to downsize Australian public broadcaster gathers steam
- Thomas Roberts Singing Sound Of Music Leaves Fellow Anchor Shocked And Speechless
- Alec Baldwin Defends Martin Bashir He Created Great Television
- Instagram invites press to share a moment at NYC event
- Vote for your favorite Android app of 2013
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Maine Mirror headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Tim Horton’s closes six stores in Maine
- Colby College gets $10 million for science center
- Byzantine Catholics from Maine to Florida get new bishop
- Ky. man fills brothers wish with big tip in Vt.
- Four groups apply to start charter schools in Maine